Odyssey is the distributed infrastructure sector’s only end-to-end investment and asset management platform. Our technology suite provides the tools required to finance, build and operate distributed energy projects at scale.
This year we launched our newest platform; an aggregated procurement platform for solar projects. The goal of the platform is to radically drive down the capital costs of solar equipment across Africa and other emerging markets by aggregating equipment orders across project developers, negotiating with suppliers based on higher volumes, and centralizing logistics operations. After a successful launch in Nigeria, we are now looking to scale the platform globally. We already have the investment required for the scale-up phase; now we need the talent to build the business.
Who you are
You are an ambitious entrepreneur with deep experience in procurement in Ethiopia. You are excited by a fully-funded, start-up business ready to scale, and have the experience in Ethiopia for our successful rollout in the country. You are highly analytical, data-driven, and process-oriented. No detail slips by you. You should have significant experience working in hardware procurement and logistics and feel comfortable making decisions independently.
- Work closely with project developers to scope equipment needs and manage orders
- Running RFQ processes with suppliers to select products and vendors for procurement
- Identifying key partners on the ground, including third-party logistics providers
- Managing the end-to-end procurement, shipping and logistics processes for equipment orders in Ethiopia
- Identifying all relevant legal considerations to address in launching the platform in a new country; working with legal teams to manage compliance
- Managing the day-to-day interactions across all stakeholders
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 15+ years experience in sourcing & procurement for infrastructure projects
- Proven experience in procurement in Ethiopia; deep expertise in procurement, shipping, customs clearance, etc.
- Proven ability to lead projects independently
Please send your one-page resume to [email protected].