FULL STACK ENGINEER
Do these next words excite you?
- Helping streamline and evolve access to reliable, clean energy to those in need around the world, as well as other renewable distributed energy infrastructure projects from the comfort of your desk.
- Being a key player in a small but dynamic, diverse, fun and growing organization with employees in 10 countries including the USA, Nigeria, Germany, Rwanda, Kenya, Zimbabwe and India.
- Overseeing, improving and helping implement the next evolution of Odyssey’s cloud- based infrastructure.
- Involvement in a wide range of technologies including cluster management of distributed cloud services, cross-service messaging, automated pipelines, timeseries/NoSQL databases, and big data analytics.
If your heart started beating a little faster then read on…
Who we are
Odyssey Energy Solutions is a Boulder, Colorado-based purpose-driven software company tackling this global challenge with a big goal: to rapidly expand access to energy around the world by streamlining and reducing the costs of developing and financing solar microgrids and other clean distributed energy systems. Since its establishment in 2017, Odyssey has become an integral part of the energy access finance ecosystem. Odyssey’s big data investment and asset management platform is catalyzing the deployment of hundreds of millions of dollars into the mini-grid and solar home system sectors across Africa. Odyssey is well-funded, has significant market traction, a renowned product, and a highly collaborative, motivated team that has fun working hard together. Odyssey was also awarded the international Keeling Curve Prize for our work reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
What we are looking for
OES is actively searching for a mid to senior-level full stack Software Engineer with a focus on our Java/Spring backend but also competent and willing to work on our Angular-based frontend and all parts in-between.
Expected Experience and Skills;
- At least 2 years developing a real world web application using Java/Spring backend services with a desire to build on that Java experience
- History of continually improving professional skills and gaining proficiency in new technologies
- Designing intuitive data structures and writing code using modern best practices and patterns where appropriate
- Working on a distributed system within cloud environments (GCP, AWS)
- Deploying code automatically using source control, automated build pipelines, and automated tests across multiple environments
- Exposure to processing/querying data from both time-series and relational DBs such as PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, or TimescaleDB
- An agile approach to the development process
Desired skills, or a strong desire to learn:
- Working with messaging services such as RabbitMQ
- Implementing OAuth/SSO
- DevOps abilities to deploy and monitor Docker containers using Kubernetes in a cloud environment
- Proficient English in a business environment
- Excellent communicator including in a virtual workplace
- Well-organized and punctual
- Team player: Progressing the team’s plan while assisting others across our organization and stepping up when needed
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Location: Remotely within an American/European/African time zone, to overlap with coworkers in the US/Europe/Africa.
- Once adequately trained, provide occasional off-hours assistance to our production support team. This requirement currently rotates every week amongst our developers.
Please send your one-page resume to [email protected].