Full Stack Engineer
This software engineer will focus on our Java/Spring back end and our Angular-based front end — and all parts in-between.
Odyssey is a venture-backed climate tech company transforming distributed energy globally. We are the only end-to-end investment and asset management platform for distributed energy, offering project developers and investors a business-in-a-box solution to finance, build and operate distributed energy projects at scale across the globe. We’re facilitating more than $1B of finance into the sector, have unparalleled market traction, and top tier venture investors behind us.
- Helping streamline and evolve access to reliable, clean energy to those in need around the world, as well other renewable distributed energy infrastructure projects from the comfort of your desk.
- Being a key player in a small but dynamic, diverse, fun and growing organization spanning 10 countries including the USA, Nigeria, Germany, Kenya, and India.
- Full stack development with a focus on Java/Spring backend services and Angular front end
- Involvement in a wide range of technologies including distributed services, cross-service messaging, automated pipelines, timeseries/NoSQL databases, reactive programming, big data analytics, and cluster management of cloud services.
- At least 3 years experience developing a real world web application using Java/Spring backend services with a desire to build on that Java experience
- Experience developing frontend applications using Angular for a non-trivial application
- History of continually improving professional skills and gaining proficiency in new technologies
- Designing intuitive data structures and writing code using modern best practices and patterns where appropriate
- Working on a distributed system within cloud environments (GCP, AWS)
- Deploying code automatically using source control, automated build pipelines, and automated tests across multiple environments
- Exposure to processing/querying data from both time-series and relational DBs such as PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, or TimescaleDB
- An agile approach to the development process
- Working with messaging services such as RabbitMQ
- Implementing OAuth/SSO
- DevOps abilities to deploy and monitor Docker containers using Kubernetes in a cloud environment
- Proficient English in a business environment
- Excellent communicator including in a virtual workplace
- Well-organized and punctual
- Team player: Progressing the team’s plan while assisting others across our organization and stepping up when needed
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Location: Remotely within an US (East Coast)/European/African time zone, to overlap with coworkers in the US/Europe/Africa.
- Once adequately trained, provide occasional off-hours assistance to our production support team. This requirement currently rotates every week amongst our developers.
Please send your resume to [email protected]