Odyssey is a venture-backed climate tech company transforming distributed energy globally. We are the only end-to-end investment and asset management platform for distributed energy, offering project developers and investors a business-in-a-box solution to finance, build and operate distributed energy projects at scale across the globe. We’re facilitating more than $1B of finance into the sector, have unparalleled market traction, and blue chip investors behind us.
As private capital into the distributed renewable energy sector grows, Odyssey is expanding its investor solutions to leverage its technology and traction to become THE platform for deploying capital into the sector. Odyssey offers solutions for the full lifecycle of investments, from origination to due diligence to portfolio management/monitoring. We will be expanding these offerings and setting up our investor platform as a new, separate business line.
The Investment Associate will help expand Odyssey’s base of investor clients and assist those clients through the entire transaction lifecycle (i.e. pipeline management, due diligence and investment monitoring) through the Odyssey platform. The role will report to VP, Investor Solutions but will coordinate closely with Data and Operations teams to ensure high quality service delivery to the clients.
Who You Are
You are a finance professional with experience of having facilitated transactions as a corporate finance/ transaction services adviser. You are a self-starter who enjoys collaborating with clients in transaction settings. You have a knack of identifying opportunities and build effective working relationships with clients. You are a hustler who closes deals. You are highly analytical, data-driven and process-oriented. You bring strong presentation skills and can run meetings independently and effectively with key stakeholders.
Most importantly, this role will lead investor engagement to increase the funds flowing through the platform by engaging new investors, driving transactions via the platform.
Origination and Business Development
- Assist VP Investor Solutions in targeting investors and sell them the opportunity to access hard-to-find off-market investment opportunity in the sector through Odyssey
- Prepare and present high quality pitch documents
Execution and Transaction Support
- Understand specific needs of each financier and identify portfolios for their pipeline accordingly;
- Lead or facilitate pitches, beauty parades of portfolios to investor clients;
- Facilitate investors’ screening and due diligence through the platform;
- Provide inputs to developers to make their investment proposals compelling and fitting with investors’ critieria;
- Provide inputs to investor and developer clients on structuring and terms as appropriate
- Conclude financing transactions between investors and developers
Ongoing relationship management
- Act as a first point of contact for a portfolio of investor clients
- Ensure investors have the benefit of ongoing investment monitoring on the platform
- Oversee and improve client experience on the platform
- As a trusted advisor to financers, help resolve gaps in monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance;
- 3-5 years’ experience in Transaction Services/ Investment Banking
- Experience of facilitating financing transactions, particularly energy/infrastructure finance;
- Proven ability to lead projects independently;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in French/ Spanish preferred, English mandatory
Flexible, but London or New York preferred due to proximity to investor clients
Please send your one-page resume to [email protected].