TECHNICAL SALES & SUPPORT ENGINEER
Do these next words excite you?
- Helping streamline and evolve access to reliable, clean energy to those in need around the world, as well other renewable distributed energy infrastructure projects from the comfort of your desk.
- Being a key player in a small but dynamic, diverse, fun and growing organization spanning 10 countries including the USA, Nigeria, Germany, Kenya, and India.
- Interacting with customers and colleagues across 5 continents while working on projects in diverse locations around the World.
- Involvement in a wide range of technologies, driving sustainable energy equality in the critical years ahead.
If your heart started beating a little faster then read on…
Who we are
More than a billion people in the world do not have access to electricity. Odyssey Energy Solutions is a Boulder, Colorado-based purpose-driven software company tackling this global challenge with a big goal: to rapidly expand access to energy around the world by streamlining and reducing the costs of developing and financing solar microgrids and other clean distributed energy systems. Since its establishment in 2017, Odyssey has become an integral part of the energy access finance ecosystem. Odyssey’s big data investment and asset management platform is catalyzing the deployment of hundreds of millions of dollars into the mini-grid and solar home system sectors across Africa. Odyssey is well-funded, has significant market traction, a renowned product, and a highly collaborative, motivated team that has fun working hard together. Odyssey was also awarded the international Keeling Curve Prize for our work reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
What we are looking for
Odyssey is actively searching for an Engineer to join the Customer Success team for our asset management business unit, which provides remote monitoring and control solutions to distributed solar systems. This candidate will be responsible for leading our customers through the communication design process and providing commissioning support. Also, the candidate will be able to maintain a good ongoing relationship with customers to ensure they are successful and can rely on Odyssey services.
Expected Experience and Skills;
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical or power engineering.
- At least 3 years’ experience working for an EPC or similar performing power system or communications design.
- Ability to understand and experience creating single line diagrams and communication schematics.
- Working with common power system communication protocol calls e.g., Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus RTU and RS232.
- Understanding of technologies, such as IT networking and IIOT.
- Ability to lead projects from project scope of work definition through delivery.
- Collaboration with the Business Development team to write technical proposals and quotes.
- Proficient English in a business environment
- Fully Proficient spoken English in a business and technical environment.
- Fully proficient written English including good typing speed.
- French language skills are a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills with experience using virtual tools, such as Slack, Zoom, Google Drive etc.
- Well organized and punctual.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Good teamwork skills, knowing when and how to get solutions and help from colleagues.
- Experience with mini-grid or C&I applications in the DRE sector is a bonus.
- Location: Remotely, willing to work within European/African time zones to overlap with customers in Europe and Africa.
- Provide occasional off-hours assistance to our customers. This requirement is balanced between the customer success team.
Please submit your information here: https://forms.gle/tpzee92qZQwWkKZE8
After reviewing the information, we will contact you for an interview or the next steps.