The Vice President will lead business development, customer success, strategy execution and scaling of Odyssey’s offerings for developers.
Odyssey is a venture-backed climate tech company transforming distributed energy globally. We are the only end-to-end investment and asset management platform for distributed energy, offering project developers and investors a business-in-a-box solution to finance, build and operate distributed energy projects at scale across the globe. We’re facilitating more than $1B of finance into the sector, have unparalleled market traction, and blue chip investors behind us.
Odyssey’s platform provides an end-to-end solution for the entire lifecycle of project development. Developers can come on the platform to:
- plan their DRE projects using standardized planning tools;
- seek financing for their projects from different types of capital providers e.g. grants, debt, guarantees
- procure equipment for their projects at lower landed cost using our aggregated procurement platform; and
- remotely and automatically manage their operating projects unlocking efficiencies and enabling scale
The VP-Project Projects will be responsible for devising strategies to target, onboard, support and grow with developers. We are looking for an entrepreneurial business leader who is motivated to build this exciting high potential business and establish herself as the trusted partner of developers in the sector.
Who You Are
You are an experienced business development executive from technology sales and service background who excels at sales strategy, stakeholder management, and execution. You are excited by the entrepreneurial opportunity of shaping and building a business that draws on your functional expertise and where you can build upon an established platform. You are a natural sale person and relationship-builder. You are a team builder who can inspire a team with your vision and support them to achieve success. You are a go-getter with an ability to identify opportunities and build effective working relationships with anyone. You are a shaper who can turn ideas into plans and actions. You are highly analytical, data-driven and process-oriented. No detail slips by you, and you run a tight ship to ensure your teams are executing to a high standard. You love work plans and vision documents. You shine in pitching to potential customers and seeing deals through to close.
Your ultimate responsibility in this role is to drive rapid growth of new developer customers while ensuring excellent customer support and management of existing customers.
- Research and follow the market context to identify and refresh opportunity for Odyssey across business and geographic segments
- Develop and present GTM strategy, team structure and operating plans to stakeholders for approval
- Assume ownership for growing the franchise and business performance
- Craft and refine a compelling proposition for developers
- Identify tech and data platform features required to support and scale the business
- Define roles and respective skills needed to deliver the plans
- Inspire talent to join, and perform to a high standard
- Mobilize and guide the team to focus on productive effort and achieve results
- Create and promote a performance and achievement oriented culture in the team
- Create materials, processes and routines to market our offering through appropriate channels
- Devise plans and processes to cover developers in our chosen segments and to track ongoing progress
- Establish the team as a group of trusted advisors and sector colleague, who partner with developers to solve their business needs through Odyssey platform
- Establish internal workflows and develop sales tools to optimise sales cycles and increase conversion in a solutions selling environment
Customer Success and Ongoing Relationship Management
- Configure and staff the customer success function to ensure hassle free implementation and onboarding, regular contact with developer clients for unblocking, relationship building and follow on business;
- Establish internal workflows and develop support tools to optimise onboarding and follow on sales
- Manage internal interfaces with the Engineering Team
- Ensure financiers have the benefit of ongoing investment monitoring on the platform
- Oversee and improve client (developers and financiers) experience on the platform
- As a trusted advisor to financers, help resolve gaps in monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; MBA desirable
- Demonstrable success in scaling technology solutions businesses, experience of DRE desirable
- Demonstrable success in leading customer growth
- Demonstrable success in building an entrepreneurial business and teams
- Experience of working across multiple continents and cultures
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in French/ Spanish preferred, English mandatory
Flexible; Europe and Africa preferred
Please send your one-page resume to [email protected].