About Odyssey and the Role
Odyssey is a venture-backed climate tech company transforming distributed energy globally. We are the only end-to-end investment and asset management platform for distributed energy, offering project developers and investors a business-in-a-box solution to finance, build and operate distributed energy projects at scale across the globe. We’re facilitating more than $1B of finance into the sector, have unparalleled market traction, and top-tier investors behind us.
We are a diverse team with 16+ nationalities represented, all oriented around one major goal: to be THE platform accelerating the clean energy transition in emerging markets. We’re mission-driven, relentlessly focused on delivery, and highly collaborative and supportive of our teammates. We only hire team players with an appetite to swing big.
We are looking for a Director of Finance to help grow and scale our organization across multiple business lines and geographies. This will involve working alongside the CEO and CBO, across functional teams within the organization.
- Lead FP&A finance function, including managing internal and external reporting, metrics and key levers across core business lines
- Establish and oversee financial controls for key business processes e.g. receivables, payables, inventory, cash and treasury management
- Manage banking relationships for efficient treasury and working capital management
- Establish policies and procedures for recording and reporting of financial information that conforms to GAAP and facilitate audits and reviews as required
- Own and update the operating forecast model and run simulations based on potential changes to any core business lines
- Compare variances to forecast, budget and prior-year expenses, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Work with the executive team to develop strategic analysis and insights for potential investors
- Play a key role in the company’s future fundraises, in particular taking the lead on maintaining data room and facilitating investor due diligence
- Analyze the trends of key performance indicators (KPIs), especially relating to financial metrics such as sales, expenditures and profit margin
- Manage legal, tax and regulatory compliance across core business lines
- At least 3 years of experience managing company finances, analyzing data, budgeting and building financial models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a focus on attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial — thrives in fast-moving environments requiring one to multi-task
- Data-driven — tracks down and analyzes the data necessary to drive productive decision making
- Self-directed — works with team members to move the ball forward without someone looking over your shoulder
- Committed to operational excellence — you are known for high-velocity execution and can effectively balance long-term business goals with short-term needs
Flexible – we are a remote-first company with employees across the Americas, Europe, Africa, and Asia. US East Coast or Europe preferred to overlap with coworkers.